The Local Sales Manager, Cox Media leads a field sales team that sells marketing solutions to Cox Media customers within their local market. Coordinates the prospecting, sale, service and account assignment of clients. Primary objective is to meet or exceed revenue goals through a team-based, consultative approach to sales.
Works in office setting most of the time but must also drive personal vehicle locally; occasional overnight travel is required.
Part of a budget-driven, sales organization with pressure to meet ambitious sales goals. Rapidly changing, fast-paced environment that requires facilitation with multiple internal partners.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Hires, develops, and manages the performance of a consultative, collaborative sales team that mirrors the market’s diverse client base. [Sales supervision]
• Manages account assignments and sales leads across a variety of media sales channels in order to maximize market share and revenue. Ensures consistent adherence to standardized sales processes. [Sales management]
• Reviews sales proposals in advance to ensure that clients receive the appropriate products, services and rates based on their current and/or potential spending, and the appropriate marketing solutions to meet their business needs. [
• Leads sales team meetings to coordinate sales efforts, develop multi-product marketing solutions, and communicate changes in direction, products, expectations, processes, and standards. [Coordinates sales efforts]
• Coordinates and maintains effective working relationships with other Cox Media departments including the Media Solutions Center, the Campaign Fulfillment Center, Research, Marketing, Sales Support and Production. [Internal relationships]
• Attends and facilitates training and associated workshops to increase own and sales team’s product, marketing, and sales skill and knowledge, and to stay abreast of Company and competitive products and pricing. [Training and development]
• Participates in other internal meetings regarding implementation of new products, solve problems, and work on projects. [Meeting participation and facilitation]
• Manages inventory, pricing, packaging, and sales incentives in order to meet budget requirements. [Incentives]
• Facilitates account-specific strategic planning to maximize market share and revenue and maximize the potential of team’s account lists. Assigns accounts with consideration to share growth, cost of sale, and client potential. Maintains ongoing coordination with MSC to monitor lead and demand generation activity. [Account strategy]
• Analyzes local business trends, market and competitive activity, and sales results to develop strategies for achieving team and market budget expectations. [Team/market strategy]
• Develops and maintains relationship with key clients and attends sales calls, as appropriate. [Client relationships]
• Forecasts and projects business accurately on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Creates and participates in opportunities to serve as a public representative and image builder of Cox in the local community in order to network and develop Cox’s presence, e.g. promotes and/or attends non-profit events, serves as a member of the Chamber of Commerce and other local councils, becomes a member of the Ad Federation or American Marketing Association.
• 3 or more years of experience required in related field (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations,
• 1 year sales, business development or sales consultation in a sales environment
• 1 year leadership experience in a work or non-work setting
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
• 2 years’ experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications in a work setting
• AS/AA or BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations,
• 2 or more years of experience in a management role preferred
• Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Organization:
Cox Communications, Inc.Primary Location:
US-OK-Tulsa-11811 E. 51st Street SouthEmployee Status:
Yes, 5 % of the TimeSchedule: