RapidScale Sr. QA EngineerJob ID 1817700 Date posted 11/14/2018 Location: Raleigh, North Carolina Apply
As Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, you will develop and execute the overall quality assurance strategy. In this role, you will be expected to collaborate with Engineering, Product Management and Support teams to foster a team-based approach to high quality launches and drive appropriate changes in those organizations to ensure high quality deliverables. To be successful, you must be able to demonstrate leadership, coaching and mentoring skills combined with the flexibility of working in a dynamic, fast moving and fast-growing product development environment.
- Develop a product testing strategy covering long term and short-term recommendations and actions.
- Passionate about creating an enterprise-grade testing approach
- Proactively maintain high quality standards through systematic metrics-driven test planning and test execution and driving continuous improvements appropriate KPIs
- Influence through leadership a team of engineers and peer software testers
- Collaborate with team and ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements
- Proactively provide functional, regression and integration testing of our products as well as certification across browsers and devices
- Daily review and monitoring of de-risk activities from initiation through delivery
- Define and own the QA methodology with metrics-driven continuous improvement; analyze metrics and implement continuous process improvement
- Be a self-starter, motivated and show the ability to diagnose problems and think logically.
- At least 4 years experience working in a small fast paced QA organization.
- Bachelor's Degree would be preferred, however the desire to make a difference and improve yourself and the company products is equally valued.
- Experience with various Windows platforms, both server and desktop.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience testing systems built on Microsoft technologies.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Develop a product testing strategy covering long term and short-term recommendations and actions
- Expertise in test planning, test case management, code coverage, defect analysis, and QA activities on multiple concurrent release releases across a set of products
- Experience testing business solutions delivered on SaaS models
- Planning, designing, implementation and use of automated test suites
- Hands-on leader of test automation (using Selenium or other UI Automation frameworks) including development of data seeding, mocking, stubbing, scripting, and other techniques
- Be a Quality Advocate and live and breathe technology
- Manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results
- Must manage hands-on development and maintenance of test plans and test cases covering functional product, integration and automated and manual regression testing
- Must review, assess scope, risk and coordinate application change management processes in compliance with policy and best practices
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-NC-Raleigh-555 Fayetteville St
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Information Technology
At Cox Communications we want creative Information Technology professionals ready to be part of a team delivering innovative solutions. You will help make decisions and influence the success of our software to sustain the best network experience for our teams and our customers.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs