Project Manager - Order Management - Cox BusinessJob ID 1818226 Date posted 12/07/2018 Location: Phoenix, Arizona Apply
Responsible for the direction, coordination, execution, control and completion of project management functions associated with Large, Moderately Complex Retail Cox Business customers. This includes scope of work review, risk assessment & management, project planning, estimating, tracking, reporting, management, internal & external customer communications, procurement, personnel management, quality control and compliance assurance.
Work requires a great deal of planning and independent discretion to ensure the Large, Moderately Complex Projects are completed in a timely manner and in CCI’s best financial interests. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor needs required to staff project, etc.
Cox Business Large, Moderately Complex Orders are defined as, but not limited to the following: Complex COI (Cox Optical Internet), Copper, and Hybrid. Voice: PRI’s, ePRI’s, VMgr, IP Centrex and IP PBX’s, Data: Metro Ethernet, SPN (secured private network), COI, Private Lines, Sip Trunking, Burstable Internet, and other Managed Services Desktop phone sets, Cisco Routers, etc.
• The OM- PM I will manage all Large, Moderately Complex Projects (which may include multisite locations) in support of Cox Business customers. Plans sequencing of projects and directs employees, vendors, and third parties to accomplish projects on agreed upon timeframes. Sets and manages customer expectations and proactively identifies and mitigates project risks.
• Manages projects to ensure profitability. Prepares cost analysis to maximize return on investment. Completes margin analysis on specific projects or unanticipated changes.
• Services the company’s business operations by negotiating installation, platform, and production solutions on company’s behalf to ensure project serviceability.
• Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment to ensure project serviceability. Responsible for key decisions such as vendor selection decisions, guidance on selecting equipment to best meet customer needs, expediting the scheduling of high profile projects to maximize immediate reoccurring revenue, determines labor required to staff project, etc.
• Provides project management for Cox Business service delivery process. Coordinates with Construction to build to new sites. Determines the need for site surveys and conducts as necessary. Determines if coordination is required with other carriers and coordinates as needed. Identifies proper permitting and government approvals required for project and ensures they are obtained. Evaluates the need for vendor work and equipment installation to service location; oversees vendor work and equipment installation to prepare for completion of Large, Moderately Complex Commercial Projects.
• Coordinates the delivery of designated Large, Moderately Complex services with customer. Conduct on-site post installation review and installation with customer.
• Analyzes communications and requests from clients, support departments, and subcontractors and determine what course of action is necessary. Updates appropriate management team and stakeholders on project status. Communicates project requirements to other departments.
• Manages long range logistics and planning for multiple customer projects. Obtains feedback at critical milestones and at project completion to ensure that project efforts are meeting customer expectations for time, cost, and results.
• Coordinates with vendors and POC's for building access and install dates.
• Work closely with functional business divisions, vendors and customers in defining project priorities, approach, resources requirements and timing of deliverables.
• 3+ years of experience required in related field (i.e. Communications Industry, Project Management, etc.).
• Requires knowledge of Hybrid Fiber Coax systems (HFC) in aerial and underground utility construction and design parameters
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix-3010 West Agua Fria Freeway
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: 2018-12-14
From the front lines of our call centers to the offices of our business clients, our sales team is essential to our business growth and keeps our customers connected. Within one of our sales roles, you’ll build relationships through consultative partnerships with our clients and customers to maximize the benefits of the products and services we sell to ensure our continued growth.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Media Sales Services Specialist I - Cox Media Phoenix, Arizona
- Inside Sales Manager - Cox Business Phoenix, Arizona
- Sales Manager (Business Security Services) - Cox Business Phoenix, Arizona
- Outbound Sales Representative - Cox Business Phoenix, Arizona