Search All Cox Communications Jobs
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services)
Job ID 1818284 Date posted 11/29/2018 Location: Phoenix, Arizona
At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for customer focused individuals to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Call Center Customer Service Representative (Account Services), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by living our motto: Serve, Solve and Sell.
An Account Services Representative is part of a supportive, customer service-oriented team that:
- Exceeds our customer expectations by providing top notch customer service.
- Respond to inbound customer questions, problems, and requests regarding account balances, service additions, billings/payments, or other general or account-related services.
- Educates residential Cox customers about additional service opportunities.
- Maximizes opportunities to sell additional or upgraded services to customers as available, while providing a quality customer experience.
As part of a customer experience driven team, you will earn an hourly rate of $14.67.
At Cox, we offer...
- Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
- FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
- Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
- Retirement Benefits including 401(K) matching
- Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Assistance provided
- High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
- Flexible work options are available including a work from home program if you live in a commutable distance from the Phoenix Cox office. You must complete six months of employment and be in good standing to qualify. Ask your recruiter for additional details.
- Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
Unleash your potential with Cox Communications as an Account Services Representative, where you’ll be enhancing the lives of our customers and your career. Apply today!
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Work in an energetic call center environment delivering excellent customer care by greeting customers, asking questions, and actively listening to customers to understand their needs or requests.
- Exceed our customer expectations by documenting call details and new account information into the system and completing any forms required to request action by other departments.
- Build customer loyalty by resolving customer problems on the first call.
- Educate customers on billing details, Cox policies and procedures concerning prices, billing and service.
- Perform any necessary calculations pertaining to fees, time periods, or dates.
- Provide customer support by asking questions and listening to customers in order to understand their needs, request, or problems while identifying up-selling opportunities.
- Meet monthly key performance metrics for promoting and selling products and services that align to our customer’s needs
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 months work experience providing service directly to customers
- 6 months experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting
- High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- 6+ months experience working in a position that requires meeting sales goals
- 1 - 2 year work experience in a customer service role, not specific to just Call Center
- Strong aptitude for helping customers and a customer experience focus
- Enthusiastic and personable
- Must be able to work in a call center or highly structured environment
- Strong computer skills and be able to navigate through multiple screens
- Ability to adapt to constant change
- Demonstrated solid work history.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.Organization:
Cox Communications, Inc.Primary Location:
US-AZ-Phoenix-1550 W Deer Valley RdEmployee Status:
About Client and Customer Service
Keeping our customers connected to the entertainment they love is our number one goal and our call centers live that by providing excellent customer service. As a Call Center Representative, you’ll get the chance to be the voice of our brand and the engine that drives our stability and growth.
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
Manager, Vendor Relations
Atlanta, Georgia, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Phoenix, Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, Parma, Ohio, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, New Orleans, Louisiana, West Warwick, Rhode Island, Las Vegas, Nevada, Springdale, Arkansas, Wichita, Kansas, Macon, Georgia, Manchester, Connecticut, Omaha, Nebraska, San Diego, California, Pensacola, Florida, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Technical Support)
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disability Assistance (Requests on your application status will not receive replies.)
Cox is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including any job seeker with a disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and the requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
If you are having technical issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cox in the E-verify program. Link to e-verify poster.
Right to work in English and Spanish
jobs.cox.com is the only official website for employment opportunities with Cox Enterprises and its affiliates. Applications for employment on any other website will not be considered. Cox does not hold online interviews on social media sites such as Google hangouts. If you have been requested to apply for an employment opportunity other than through jobs.cox.com, or, if you have sought out career opportunities with Cox and found a different website in your search, you should NOT submit your application, nor should you provide any personal identifying information such as a social security number, birth certificate, financial institution information, driver’s license number or passport information.