Director of Sales (Cox Media)Job ID 182564 Date posted 02/07/2018 Location: Pensacola, Florida Apply
The Director of Sales manages the advertising sales function for Cox Media to drive revenue and increase market share. Develops and implements strategic plans to guide the sales departments to successfully attain revenue goals. Leads, develops and manages the local, national, and new media sales staffs, and potentially inventory.
- Maximizes revenue from all revenue categories including local, national and regional.
- Spot, new media, program time sales, production, retail development and promotions.
- Manages inventory and pricing to maximize revenue of all advertising products.
- Manages account lists and sales channels to maximize sales resources against market potential. Facilitates positive and productive relationships with other Cox Media departments.
- Accurately budgets and forecasts revenue goals by source.
- Recruits, selects, develops, and manages performance of Local Sales Managers and National Sales Managers.
- Coaches, develops, and motivates sales leaders to optimize revenue potential across all revenue streams and channels, manage their staffs, and develop the talent on their teams.
- Manages direct reports¿ performance to budget and other performance standards including sustainability of sales methods on a monthly basis.
- Recommends compensation for entire sales team based on Company standards and payfor-performance philosophy.
- Sets and communicates inventory, sales and packaging strategies and direction to sales team.
- Creates and develops new revenue streams to diversify the business.
- Develops and implements sales processes to provide for smooth and timely workflow throughout the sales department and interfaces with the Centralized Fulfillment Center (CFC).
- Ensures that sales tools and resources are properly aligned with client potential.
- Obtains, tracks, and reviews metrics to identify sales opportunities and create sales strategy.
- Gathers competitive knowledge and develops ways to effectively sell against competitors.
- Maintains regular contact with key accounts and national sales channel.
- 10 years experience in related field
- 5 years business-to-business field sales experience with quotas
- 3 years electronic media sales management experience
- Working knowledge of Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation
- Excellent skills in learning continuously, building partnerships, high impact communication, formal presentations, PC skills, written communication, devising sales approaches and solutions, demonstrating business acumen, making sales operating decisions, motivating the sales organization, sales opportunity analysis, championing adaptability, and setting unit goals, in order to work effectively with teams throughout organization.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Management)
- 3 years successful experience in management demonstrating progressive leadership responsibilities
- 5 years electronic media sales management experience
- Knowledge of local media market and local contacts
- Knowledge and/or experience in business marketing
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-FL-Pensacola-3405 McLemore Drive
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing