At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand. As a Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support), you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization by serving as a front-line representative of the Cox brand.
The Cox Business Customer Care Specialist (Technical Support) supports Inbound customer contact from all Cox Business Customer Care Service sites 7 days a week with operating hours of 6am to 10pm. In a call center environment and under close supervision, the Care Cox Business (CB) Technical Support Representative engages in real time troubleshooting of inbound, small-to-medium commercial Tier I technical support-related calls pertaining to existing products and services. By actively listening to the customer and asking appropriate follow-up questions, the incumbent troubleshoots the root cause of the problem and identifies the action(s) required to resolve the customer’s issue, while minimizing service appointments and repeat calls. It is expected that the incumbent will exceed customer expectations by providing exceptional service. Work is highly structured, measured and monitored. Schedule changes and non-traditional hours require personal flexibility.
At Cox, we offer:
• Competitive wages with potential for additional financial incentives for motivated team members!
• FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day!
• Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environment
• Retirement Benefits including 401(K) matching
• Work-life balance, including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 Paid Holidays
• Tuition Assistance provided
• High degree of commitment to our communities including volunteer opportunities
• Career Advancement Opportunities across the Cox family of companies
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
• Works in a call center environment, delivering excellent customer service by asking questions, actively listening, building rapport, demonstrating respect, being informative, and understanding the customer’s needs, requests or problems.
• Determines the root cause of customer problems and uses available tools, systems, resources, customer information, and collaboration with other departments, as necessary, to identify the action required to resolve the issue.
• Meets or exceeds established scorecard goals, which are focused on the improving the customer experience, achieving operational efficiencies while ensuring accurate and timely resolution of customer issues.
• Provides seamless customer experiences through the accurate documentation of call details and new account information entered into the computer system, as well as completing any necessary forms required to request action by other departments.
• Receives inbound calls from small-to-medium sized CB customers in need of technical support.
• Maintains current knowledge of all CB products and services and uses all appropriate processes and procedures for trouble shooting data, video, and telephony systems/applications.
• Voice troubleshooting includes, but may not be limited to: eMTA troubleshooting, POTS line troubleshooting, PRI over HFC, Fiber/HiCap voice services, feature provisioning and troubleshooting including Voicemail, HUNT groups, Caller ID, IP Centrex and Cox’ VoiceManager product. Diagnoses and notifies the supervisor of trend issues related to geographic problems and switch issues, while effectively partnering with various switch locations to ensure customer resolution.
• Provides video support over digital and analog, including complex configuration settings. Service responsibilities include but may not be limited to: digital and analog television troubleshooting, including digital set-top boxes (i.e., MOTO and CISCO platforms); customer equipment/cabling configurations, and trending audio and video issues related to plant/network problems.
• Data service responsibilities include but may not be limited to troubleshooting: cable modems (includes provisioning); IP and DNS (includes management); e-mail set-up; plant and network problem trending; PC/MAC (including TCP/IP and hardware problems), Managed Services, Hospitality Support and Fiber/HiCap.
• Successfully performs additional duties or new product support as requested.
• HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
• 1 or more year of work experience, providing service directly to customers
• Experience using a computer in a work or non-work setting, including familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of products
• Proficiency with technology troubleshooting and computers is a must
• Excellent skills in creating an exceptional customer experience, applied learning, multi-tasking, building customer rapport, discovering customer needs, problem-solving and responding to customer needs, ability to learn and apply procedures, teamwork, communication, and strong work ethic, and ability to work effectively with teams throughout organization
• Ability to work flexible hours, in a 24x7 call center operation
• Successful completion of Cox TSR assessment and demonstrated PC troubleshooting/repair skills
• Experience with TCP/IP and LAN/WAN topologies and configurations
• Knowledge of telecommunications services and experience troubleshooting telephony products
• Experience configuring Cox-supplied customer premise equipment preferred
• Knowledge of cable industry billing software (i.e., ICOMS or equivalent) preferred
• Prior experience with trouble management software desired
• A+, Net+ certification preferred, but not required
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.Organization:
Cox Communications, Inc.Primary Location:
US-OK-Oklahoma City-11941 N Pennsylvania AveEmployee Status: