Advertising Account Executive - Cox Media
Job ID: 1818002
Cox is more than a cable company, we are a technology solutions leader. Whether you're selling to a well-established organization or a start-up, we've got the products to help keep your client’s business – and your financial success – moving in the right direction. As an Account Executive, you will work in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment. You will have access to dedicated sales support, marketing and competitive research and back office support to allow you to focus on what you do best – closing deals!
What makes a successful Account Executive at Cox Communications? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Sales-driven 10
- Results-driven 9
- Prospecting 9
- Relationship building 8
- Budgeting forecasting 7
- Skilled presenter
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays.
FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
(in applicable markets)
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
Mentoring and Training Programs
- Engage with new and existing clients to understand business objectives and create marketing campaigns to drive results through effective television and digital advertising solutions.
- Generate new business leads by prospecting and making cold calls to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Sell digital advertising and marketing solutions customized to each client's needs from the Cox Media product suite that includes: on-air commercials, online video, social media placements, and mobile marketing solutions.
- Understand prospect’s organization and build relationships focusing on key decision-makers.
- Create and present customized sales presentations/proposals and successfully close negotiations.
- Participate in budgeting and forecasting individual revenue achievement.
- Increase knowledge of sales and product offerings through provided on-going training.
- Attend trade shows, industry events, and represent Cox Media in the local business community to build awareness and engagement.
- 2-5 or more years of cable, broadcast, advertising sales/support or marketing experience.
- Ability to develop new business and achieve individual sales goals.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Motivated team player who consistently strives to exceed goals and push revenue expectations.
- Valid driving license with good driving record and reliable transportation.
- Ability to multitask, manage multiple assignments and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and team-oriented environment.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (business, advertising or marketing).
- Solid understanding of marketing principals and applications in business.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau Certification and/or Google Ad Words Certified a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-LA-Lafayette-1906 Eraste Landry Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing