Senior Product Manager - Cox MediaJob ID 188787 Date posted 05/23/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
At Cox Media, we believe in recognizing outstanding work, investing in our teams and building authentic relationships. With nearly 30 offices in 13 different states, Cox Media covers 19 markets and 6 million households across our aggregated footprint, connecting advertisers of all sizes to audiences across multiple screens. Using everything from cable TV to the latest digital products, we create multi-platform advertising campaigns to exceed our clients’ marketing objectives.
As part of the Product Management & Development Team, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for comprehensive lifecycle management of advertising products within Cox Media's local advertising portfolio, including but not limited to the design and maintenance of processes for driving revenue on existing products, rolling out product enhancements, launching new products, and evaluating and potentially decommissioning under-performing products.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Product Development & Management on product strategy and the alignment of product roadmaps to strategy.
- Supervise existing product performance to identify risks and opportunities, and provide analysis and insights to Product Management & Development Team.
- Lead the development of business cases to support product and services roadmap investments. Recommend/make decisions regarding programs/initiatives that have a significant impact to business outcomes and carry potential consequences if unsuccessful.
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise on Cox Media’s product portfolio. Display strong technical and market knowledge for all products, particularly those with primary responsibility assigned.
- Develop cross-functional partnerships to achieve team and company business goals.
- Partner with Cox Media corporate and market sales leaders to identify strategies for increasing market share, product adoption and revenue growth for all products.
- Facilitate product and/or sales tool launches/trainings, providing compelling sales/marketing collateral, and gathering internal and external feedback.
- Collaborate with Finance to develop and maintain an operating plan and budget for assigned products, and manage expenses within the budget, including vendor payments.
- Partner with Cox Communications, Inc. (CCI) to identify opportunities for product enhancements, provide input on technology/development roadmap, represent Cox Media’s business interests and act as a subject matter expert on Cox Media’s product portfolio in key strategic conversations.
- Engage other key stakeholders as necessary, to include: Marketing Communications, Client Strategy, Research, Operations, Campaign Fulfillment Center, Technology.
- Lead new ideas and opportunities through the Change Management process, from ideation to concept to trial to development and deployment, as the champion and owner of the initiatives.
- Manage vendor partnerships, seeking opportunities for product enhancements and sales/marketing support. Through vendor partnerships, track and manage ongoing product enhancements and coordinate technology updates to minimize impact.
- Reinforce escalation and service level agreement procedures with internal and external issue resolution teams.
- Supervise professional individual contributor(s); may also directly or indirectly supervise support staff.
- 7+ years of experience required in related field (i.e., B-to-B product/brand management, media/advertising sales management, etc.).
- Strong ability to work across departmental boundaries to drive toward common goals.
- Proven ability to develop detailed work plans and execute under pressure. Must be able to work independently and deliver measurable results. May be responsible for complex projects having significant scope/impact.
- Must be a team-player and thrive in an environment that promotes strong individual skills that are easily applied to goals of the team and company.
- Self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced and sometime ambiguous environment, completed multiple tasks at one time, meet deadlines and self-recognize and adapt to priorities that change often.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, detail, problem-solving and follow-up skills. Exudes a professional image inside and outside the company.
- Ability to build and maintain constructive partnerships with diverse group of internal and external work groups.
- Shows commitment to self-development by demonstrated desire to learn new ways of doing business, staying abreast of competitors/industry major initiatives.
- Ability to influence people that don't report into the position.
- Strategic analysis and planning experience.
- PC skills required, including strong working knowledge of all MS products.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (i.e., Marketing, Business, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience with Digital Media advertising products required, with Online Advertising experience preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in a management role or leading cross functional projects preferred.
- Visio and Project a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6205-B Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Product Operations Manager - Cloud Managed Services Atlanta, Georgia
- Product Manager - Advanced TV Advertising Atlanta, Georgia
- Product Manager - Digital Advertising Atlanta, Georgia