Associate Security ConsultantJob ID 1818436 Date posted 12/01/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Communications is looking for an Associate Security Consultant. The associate Security Consultant will report to the Director, Security Architecture. This individual will ensure secure design, development, and delivery of current and future products and technologies addressing internal and external business needs. The consultant is involved with a product from Concept phase to Completion and partners with the Product, Engineering, Development, QA and Operations teams to ensure that the defined architecture, solutions designs and products meet the goals of the business while also ensuring alignment with security standards and strategic security architecture blueprints. The security consultant also identifies new security technologies and solutions to support and improve product delivery.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general Business, Technology and Security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organization boundaries to implement security controls in products and risk mitigation strategies.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks
- Partners with product, strategy and engineering teams to build and deliver secure products.
- Participate in all phases of product engineering, from requirements gathering, to design, to implementation and reviews, followed by verification testing and regression testing.
- Provide security design, implementation and testing guidance to product teams.
- Works with product and engineering teams to review, manage, and track security vulnerabilities remediation efforts, and ongoing vulnerability testing.
- Lead cost-risk tradeoff discussions with the product teams, helping to decide how important and at what increased cost each security requirement/functionality can be justifiably added in the product.
- Identifies, proposes, and influences product selection and delivery, negotiates security deliverables and requirements with product teams and vendors.
- Identifies security trends and changes, and relates those changes to current and future needs of the product team.
- Ensures that the design and integration of products with Technology and business partners leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of security.
- Works closely with product teams in order to fully understand business priorities of the function and the corporation as a whole.
- Establish functional strategic goals for improving operations, products and services. Initiate and direct activity aligned with achieving improvement goals.
- 2+ years of experience working in security architecture, operations, design, or development across multiple domains of security.
- Strong network security experience including firewalls, IDS/IPS, and WAF’s.
- Firewall experience with platforms from vendors including Juniper and Palo Alto.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Knowledge of remote access technologies and implementation best practices.
- Knowledge of wireless protocols.
- BS/BA in a related discipline required (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 2-5 years of experience in related field.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure deployments and associated services.
- Experience with mobile device security solutions and BYOD strategies.
- Experience with Cloud security solutions.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Information Technology
At Cox Communications we want creative Information Technology professionals ready to be part of a team delivering innovative solutions. You will help make decisions and influence the success of our software to sustain the best network experience for our teams and our customers.