Analytics EngineerJob ID 1818063 Date posted 11/29/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Identify, research, interpret, catalog, source, manipulate, and enrich Cox Communications' structured and unstructured data assets to facilitate effective analytics.
- Use foundational data science methodologies to identify relationships/drivers of key metrics to improve customer experience, network performance, quality of service, profitability of products, and personalized offerings.
- Build and maintain processes and functionalities for analytics solution needs and transfer of solutions to partner teams.
- Prepare documentation and visualizations.
- Test new technologies, tools, and data.
- Keep up-to-date on new technologies, standards and practices.
- Expertise in (at least one) SQL language and Python. Experience with writing complex programs in these environments.
- Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of software/languages/tools; e.g., Spark, R, Python, Scala, Java, C++, Hadoop, Hive, SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc.
- Familiarity with TensorFlow, Keras, Caffe, MXNet, Spark MLlib.
- Understanding of the mathematical and computational concepts behind advanced analytics algorithms.
- Understanding cloud environments such as Google, Microsoft, or Amazon.
- Understanding of one of the following core domains: customer care, network, field services, finance, business operations.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to successfully comprehend and communicate business insights. Ability to work in a diverse team.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related field. Ph.D. strongly preferred.
- Experience in data visualization solutions and data visualization tools.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Information Technology
At Cox Communications we want creative Information Technology professionals ready to be part of a team delivering innovative solutions. You will help make decisions and influence the success of our software to sustain the best network experience for our teams and our customers.