Advanced Analytics & Machine Learning EngineerJob ID 1817042 Date posted 11/01/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
- Provides and conducts analytic efforts to support business operations, which may include the development of analytical tools and numerical models of complex operations systems and processes
- Conducts business impact analyses through all stages: concept formulation, definition of metrics, determination of appropriate statistical/analytical methodology, model design, model implementation, and results measurement
- Delivers recommendations for operational efficiencies and process improvements and assists in policy development to support change initiatives
- Communicates effectively within the Analytics team, educating and teaching analytics techniques to other Analysts across the Analytics team
- Creates and delivers executive dashboards, storytelling presentations, illustrating the value, impact, and results of various analytical models
- Translates ambiguous, indefinite problem statements into specific, tactical problems with defined parameters and clear objectives
- Deploy analytical models into a production environment using a continuous improvement framework (i.e. offline modeling, model simulation, model pilot/A|B testing, and model deployment), to ensure analytics models are optimized for defined outcomes
- Develop precise measurement systems (e.g. experimental vs. control group), measuring the outcome of various analytical models allowing for optimization against specific, defined variables
- Conducts industry-wide research, identifying new analytical techniques not yet in use within Cox or the Communications industry
- 8 or more years of experience required in related field (i.e. Applied Research, Analytics, etc.)
- BS/BA in related discipline (i.e. Engineering, Math, Analytics, Computer Science)
- Deep understanding of how to approach finding patterns, trends, or insights out of structured and unstructured data leveraging advanced analytical techniques
- Strong data analytic skill and ability, coding in analytics languages (e.g. SQL/R/Python), Cloud environments (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or Google), and supervised/unsupervised machine learning techniques (e.g. reinforcement learning, anomaly detection, neural nets, clustering, Bayesian networks)
- Advanced knowledge of statistics. Expertise in quantitative research methods.
- Ability to interpret abstract problems, leverage analytical frameworks to solve problems, and develop actionable data-based recommendations to drive the business
- Must be able to translate technical/analytical findings to Executives in a manner that is easily understandable to those less experienced with analytics
- An advanced degree in a relevant field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Analytics, Computer Science)
- Experience in analytics related to Communications/Cable
- Experience in analytics related to Technology and Operations
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP), Cloudera Certified Associate/Professional, Six Sigma Blackbelt, Certified Quality Engineer, or similar analytical certification
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
About Information Technology
At Cox Communications we want creative Information Technology professionals ready to be part of a team delivering innovative solutions. You will help make decisions and influence the success of our software to sustain the best network experience for our teams and our customers.