Retail Sales Associate
Job ID: 1810329
As a Retail Sales Associate, you will play a pivotal role in the continued stability and growth of our organization, by serving as a front-line ambassador of the Cox brand. Working in a Cox Solutions Store, you will guide customers through the purchase decision, installation process and education of Cox product and accessory offerings while providing an exceptional customer experience.
What makes a successful Retail Sales Associate at Cox Communications? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Service-oriented 10
- Sales-driven 9
- Multi-tasker 8
- Detail-oriented 8
- Digitally savvy
Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits first day
including generous time off policies: Up to 22 days of Paid Time Off during first year, plus 7 paid holidays.
FREE Internet and other Cox discounted services
(in applicable markets)
Commitment to our communities through employee volunteer opportunities
across more than 300 businesses in the Cox Enterprises portfolio
Mentoring and Training Programs
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
- Ensures individual sales, retention, and customer experience targets are met
- Explains, illustrates, demonstrates product and accessory capabilities and offers suggestions based on customers’ wants and needs
- Provides best-in-class customer service skills and aids customers in completing purchases and resolving issues; maintains polished and professional presence
- Executes promotions and campaigns designed to increase brand equity and achieve sales objectives
- Assists with store opening and closing duties, maintaining proper cash handling metrics
- Participates in inventory cycle counts
- Ensures sales floor remains well merchandised, clean, and visually appealing at all times
- Participates in workshops, special events, and product demonstrations to drive customer loyalty
- Continuously expands knowledge of current Cox products as well as competitor product offerings by participating in regular training classes inside and outside of the store
- May be required to work in other locations that are in proximity to ‘home store’ to meet the needs of the business
- Provides support for other sales agents as needed to ensure optimal customer service
- Assists with other duties as requested
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- One or more year of experience preferred in related field (i.e. Sales, Retail Sales, etc.)
- Ability to meet established sales, retention, and customer experience targets
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Track record of high individual performance with demonstrated financial result in sales and retention
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively sell products using a solutions-based approach
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a service-oriented, fast-paced team environment
- Computer literacy with an aptitude for learning communication products, services, and accessories
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds to help manage stock room inventory
- Ability to be mobile within the store for long periods of time to greet customers and demonstrate products and services
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline desired
- Previous experience with store operational duties
- Cash handling and previous billing system experience
- Fluency in the Spanish language, both written and spoken
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Alexandria-5958 Kingstowne Ctr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing