The New Growth & Development group, sits within the corporate strategy division of Cox Communications, and is responsible for incubating and commercializing new sources of growth for the company while building leading edge competencies, approaches, and processes to make that a recurring capability.
The group members work towards identifying new growth opportunities commensurate with corporate growth strategies, and to help build revenue generating entities for Cox Communications.
Cox Communications’ New Growth & Development group is currently seeking a 2018 summer intern that is responsible for assisting in the incubation and commercialization of new business opportunities.
This internship role is unique as it spans key business development efforts underway to create new operating businesses for Cox Communications in this exciting and fast-growing space. It is a rare opportunity to be part of an internal start-up team within a large, successful company.
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, internet, telephone, home security, and home automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable TV company, Cox serves approximately six million residences and businesses nationwide. For eight years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications and Cox has ranked among Diversity Inc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity.
As a subsidiary of 118-year-old Cox Enterprises Inc., one of the world’s largest privately-owned communications, media, and automotive services companies, innovation and leadership are in our DNA. Our focus on building a better future for our customers, consumers, employees, and the industry as a whole, is ingrained in everything we do.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualities and abilities:
• Driven to excel in a corporate setting at a rapid pace
• Ability to adapt to change, and work effectively in ambiguity
• Attention to detail and superior organization skills
• Strong, demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• The desire for long-term growth opportunities with one of the top companies in the nation
• Able to reason and simplify complex problems
What’s in it for you?
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain on-the-job experience within a unique growth-oriented innovation team at Cox. This role will provide:
• An opportunity to help create and launch a new business
• Meaningful and challenging work
• Exposure to all disciplines of business for new business initiatives being incubated including: finance, operations, marketing, technology, business & product development, and sales
• Skills needed to be a successful professional in any corporate or startup environment
• Hands-on mentoring and the chance to network and grow with a group of intern peers
• Access to senior leadership within Strategy group
This intern position will support the incubation and launch of new business opportunities in coordination with solution vendors, commercialization partners and foundational customers. Areas of focus include:
• Track and analyze project workstreams and cross-functional team responsibilities
• Analyze current operational processes and provide improvement recommendations
• Research and analyze relevant project data and present to working team
• Perform research, data collection, and analytical modeling for monthly reporting
• Create and manage relationships with internal and external customers and key stakeholders
• Create and manage weekly status reports
• Create and lead presentations to team members and senior leadership
• Pursuing BS/BA/BBA degree in related discipline (Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics etc.)
• Minimum 3.2 GPA
• Strong knowledge/skills with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Office Suite, MS Project, Visio and online research
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical thinking skills
• Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams
• Strong communication, presentation, and organizational skills
• Proficient in financial analysis & project management; strong attention to detail
• Some travel may be required (up to 10%)
Cox Communications, Inc.