Lead CB Integration EngineerJob ID 188341 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Communications is searching for a lead network architect to plan, design, implement, and maintain integration processes for the Cox Business Network Engineering team. The position will fill a gap of enablement between CB engineering and the field technical fulfillment office and service assurance roles. This network engineer will oversee the enablement of the toolset provided to the field to fulfill engineering designs/specifications and compliance items, as well as service assurance tasks related to the same. At the same time, the engineer will represent CB network engineering interests in the overall automation initiative, to the overall services enablement team, and serve as decision-making architect for back-office applications supporting CB infrastructure and services, such as SD-WAN, SAM, and other network management or collection systems. This level IV engineer will also serve in a role of leadership to provide structure and center support for field-developed tools supporting the CB environment.
Qualified candidates will have a deep understanding of the CB network, the forward trajectory of CB DES and SUS engineering, the existing and new CB products, as well as TFO, DEP, TSO, and NOC processes and needs. The role will require sustained collaboration with CB field leaders and key operations and access engineers, and well-developed relationships with key NOC leaders.
*This role can sit in any Cox Market *
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Conducts extensive lab evaluations and integration testing of network elements/services and documents results.
• Formulates integrated voice, data, and/or video network procedures based upon demand, capacity, emerging network services, trends, and technologies
• Leads major network deployments or teams with operations for deployments.
• Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to field systems, design and sustaining engineers, and implementation teams.
• Serves as primary subject matter expert in the area of integration/automation in Cox Business Network Engineering
• Conducts engineering economic, alternative, and feasibility evaluations
• Examples of first initiatives are: COI 2.0 to 3.0 migration automation; configuration management and compliance; CB access ring migration to IS-IS & IP UnNumbered, and an enterprise-wide ring check tool.
• 8 years’ experience with IP network design and management including recent experience with Cisco, Juniper, and Nokia specific implementations
• 5 years’ experience designing and implementing complex IP routing scenarios (Including BGP, ISIS, MPLS)
• 5 years’ experience designing and implementing automation tools, scripts, and applications
• 5 years’ experience implementing and maintaining server-based network management tools
• Expert knowledge in all packet based protocols such as TCP/IP, MPLS and routing protocols such IS-IS, RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP4, Expert knowledge of LAN Switching architecture, design and implementation. Must be an expert in fundamental IP/Ethernet networking (i.e. ARP, broadcast storms, L2 Loop avoidance mechanisms, etc.)
• Self-motivated and able to take on large and complex projects. Demonstrated ability to create technical projects including time-lines, costs, resources and vendor interactions. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, dynamic and sometimes stressful environment. Ability to work both independently as well as on teams. Must be able to work as a lead engineer in a team atmosphere. Strong attention to detail. Solid and creative problem solving skills.
• Strong knowledge in optical transport systems, cable video architecture (Switched Digital, VOD, Digital Simulcast), and packet telephony are desirable.
• Advanced understanding of modern router architecture (control plane and forwarding plane separation, switch fabric design, egress queuing, IP lookup algorithms).
• Advanced in general computing functions and IC properties (i.e. Ternary CAM, DRAM, SRAM, NVRAM, CPU multi-threading, interrupts, CPU efficiency)
• Advanced well-rounded Telecommunications Engineer. Ability to understand Physical and Data-link layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture (i.e. fiber optics, DWDM, PSTN, HFC, DOCSIS, PON, RF, etc.)
• Advanced in traffic engineering and bandwidth capacity management.
• Knowledge of the mathematics/physics of data network phenomena relating to network performance: response time, throughput, and availability.
• Experience and advanced knowledge of common engineering design principles and methodologies with ability to read and understand engineering specifications and documentation.
• Ability to interact and provide constructive engineering guidelines as well as provide business-oriented outlook and recommendations. Ability to analyze industry trends and develop services from cutting edge technology when it makes sound business sense.
• Effective written and verbal interpersonal communication skills. Experienced at writing technical proposals and documentation.
• Intermediate experience in Unix based operating systems, shell environments, and applications related to service provider networking. Ability to implement, support and analyze networking tools such as those available on CAIDA. (i.e. Netflow export and analysis, net mgmt, syslog, etc.)
• Familiarity with network dimensioning and failure analysis simulation (e.g., OPNET, Cariden, WANDL)
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or telecommunications field (computer science, electrical engineering, etc.)
• Telecommunications Industry certifications a plus
• Background in lab testing methodology and requirements
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Other Locations: Oklahoma,US,OK,,|Florida,US,FL,,|Louisiana,US,LA,,|California,US,CA,,|Arizona,US,AZ,,|Nevada,US,NV,,|Ohio,US,OH,,|Rhode Island,US,RI,,|Virginia,US,VA,,
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs
- Lead Infrastructure Architect Atlanta, Georgia, Florida, New York, New York