Senior Manager, CB Services EngineeringJob ID 188339 Date posted 05/16/2018 Location: Atlanta, Georgia Apply
Cox Communications is searching for a Senior Manager, CB Services Engineering who will be responsible for leading the team supporting all engineering design of our Cox Business product set. This leadership position will act as primary technical leader supporting the end-to-end design and sustainability of the technical solutions for Metro-E, IP-VPN, OAM, SD-WAN, Managed Router, COI/CFI, QoS. This leader will drive all future-looking services architectures, ensure performance and monitoring are designed, planned and implemented. Additional accountability in optimizing process and organizational operating models to support the effectiveness of the broader team. This role is expected to collaborate with boundary partners in other organizations to design best practice solutions, while incorporating the latest technology. This position’s accountabilities include developing Build and Run books for CB services, service configuration templates, service level testing/certification in the lab, and Tier IV problem management. This role requires people leadership of a team of SME geographically separated amongst the Cox Communications regions and headquarters.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
• Lead team of engineers to research and evaluate new features that will provide improved functionality and efficiencies for the network.
• Lead team of engineers to Create and maintain standards, policies and procedures
• Lead team of engineers to Design best practice solutions for performance, security, and stability.
• Lead team of engineers to Planning and designing disaster recovery and high availability for critical systems.
• Collaborates on the annual and long-range planning and budgeting process, and effectively articulates business cases to support the investments.
• Plans and develops short and long-term strategies based on benchmark data to support capacity planning and hardware sizing for future growth
• Builds relationships with customers, contractors, vendors, and corporate legal department to negotiate contracts
• Define automated processes to release new solutions into the target environments in a timely, repeatable fashion
• This is a leadership position with "hands on" technical skills and will require the individual to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced network, OS, software and technical lifecycle
• Provide Tier IV Escalation support for CB Operations Engineering
• Recruit and identify talent for the team
• Coaches and develops people resources to maximize strengths and develop strong, collaborative partnerships within the Technology organization and across business functions. Advises and coaches team members on procedures, technical problems, priorities and standard methodology.
• 7+ years’ work experience supporting Service Provider Telecommunications in either an Operations or Engineering role
• Excellent soft skills such as interpersonal communications, leadership, public speaking, presentations, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
• Experienced at writing technical proposals and documentation.
• Must be Self-Motivated and Results Oriented
• Prior leadership experience either at a project level or people leader
• Understanding of TCP/IP Networking including OSI Model and basic UNIX system level network troubleshooting skills is a must.
• Familiarity with IPv6, advanced networking/security
• BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (computer science, engineering)
• Knowledge of the mathematics/physics of data network phenomena relating to network performance: response time, throughput, and availability
• Background in lab testing methodology and requirements
• Experience in general computing functions and IC properties (i.e. Ternary CAM, DRAM, SRAM, NVRAM, CPU multi-threading, interrupts, CPU efficiency)
• Experienced well-rounded Telecommunications Engineer. Ability to understand Physical and Data-link layer media properties and implications as they relate to network architecture (i.e. fiber optics, DWDM, PSTN, HFC, DOCSIS, PON, RF, etc.)
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager/Senior Manager
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing