Regional Director Support ServicesJob ID 187603 Date posted 05/03/2018 Location: Wichita, Kansas Apply
The Regional Director Support Services reports to the CCI Enterprise Senior Director Support Services and partners with the Business Senior Leadership at the corporate and regional level to implement strategy and provide oversight for all field related facilities, security, and environmental compliance activities within a specific group of regions within the CCI footprint. Position will be responsible to lead and direct a team of managers located throughout various regions that have specific functional responsibility in the above-mentioned areas. Will also be responsible for establishing and cultivating partnerships with Senior Leadership in the regions across the majority of functional departments within CCI including: HR & Risk Management, Field Services, Supply Chain, Sales, and Customer Care. Will also need to coordinate with CEI, CCI and regional resources in the areas of Business Continuity Planning, Real Estate and Corporate Security to ensure the appropriate plans are in place within each region to aid in disaster planning and recovery and conduct normal day to day business.
- Oversee and implement strategy regarding the movement and efficient allocation of resources across regions in adherence with regional facilities capital and expense budgets. Oversees and maintains short term and long-range capital planning needs for regions in conjunction with regional leadership and corporate Business Operations planning teams. Provide oversight and direction for all land and building operations/purchases/ leases/ renovations and sales; coordinating with CEI as appropriate.
- Assure that contracts are let in accordance with all CCI requirements.
- Assure the adequacy of emergency and evacuation plans for each system facility in conjunction with Risk Management.
- Assure compliance with Corporate's Material Purchasing Guidelines and that all facilities are in compliance with all other local, state, federal laws and regulations.
- Partner with the Support Services Environmental team to ensure regulatory compliance with region.
- Oversee and implementation regional security measures designed to protect employees and company property.
- Oversee and ensure that regulatory requirements involving safety and security for all business units are in place and up to date.
- Provide oversight for in-house and contract security resources throughout the various markets.
- Actively partner with Sr. regional leadership to ensure local/market level security needs are understood and properly implemented.
- Oversee local market level investigations in the protection of physical assets, fraud and ID theft, and contractor and employee misconduct, in conjunction with business partners in HR, Field Services, Engineering, and Retail operations as appropriate.
- 10 or more years of experience required in related field (Facilities Management, Real Estate, Construction, Security Services etc.)
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired
- Corporate building construction/project management experience
- Corporate real estate transaction management experience
- MBA preferred
- 7 or more years of experience in a management role
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED ON DAY 1:
- Building Trust
- Contributing to Team Success
- Formal Presentation
- Technical / Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Customer Focus
- Information Monitoring
- Building Strategic Work Relationships
- Initiating Action
- Building a Successful Team
- Developing Others
- Innovation/Problem Solving
- Planning & Organizing
- Work Standards / Lives Cox Values (shows an approach towards people and work that is consistent with the overall values of the company. Works to professional standards that are consistent with Cox’s values and ethics.
Influence/People Leadership - Manages via a team of exempt professionals with multi-region responsibilities to implement strategy and provide direction to regional and market level leadership with primary responsibility for overseeing special groups/projects or processes with dotted-line accountability to other leadership at both the corporate and regional level. Ensures performance planning, coaching, and evaluation occurs per policy. Recommends pay adjustments and promotions
Span of Control/Complexity - Directs a portion of a broader function that is typically not standardized with regard to policy and delivery across the company. Directly manages professionals with responsibility for leaders within multiple regions; may also directly or indirectly manage support staff. Focus is generally on providing strategic direction, enterprise level evaluation of resources, and ongoing relationship management with Sr corporate and regional leadership
Decision-Making Authority – Will make recommendations and/or decisions regarding existing or new programs/initiatives that have a significant impact to business operations/outcomes and carry potential consequences if unsuccessful; significant decisions are subject to review & approval by a higher level executive director or officer
Financial - Contributes to development of an operating plan and budget. Responsible for managing and coordinating expenses (operating and capital) at an enterprise level
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita-901 S George Washington Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Recently Viewed Jobs
No Recently Viewed Jobs