Outside Sales Representative Multi DwellingLocation: Newport News, Virginia Job Number: 1716001 Brand: Cox Communications
At Cox Communications, we connect people to the things they love. Now we’d like to connect with you.
We’re searching for an Outside Sales Representative who is a driven “hunter” with a strong work ethic, a high degree of integrity and an achievement-oriented attitude.
If this sounds like you, keep reading to find out more!
In this consultative sales role, you will provide bundled solutions by selling Cox video, voice, data and home security services to residential customers within assigned properties such as apartments and condominiums. If you are a highly competitive person with an entrepreneurial spirit, are an effective negotiator and closer, have a dynamic sales personality and enjoy building relationships, this job is for you!
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
As a member of the Cox Direct Sales Team, individuals will earn an annual base rate of $21,649. The target commission is $3,060 a month. There is potential to earn as much as $58,369 or more as a high performer. Higher performers are eligible for accelerated pay up to two and a half times their monthly incentive.
In 200 words or less, what will you be doing for us?
- Selling Cox video, voice, data and home security services to residential customers in assigned properties
- Promoting and maintaining positive relationships with property management and leasing staff
- Partnering with new business development team to increase sales
- Building rapport and providing premium service to new and existing residential customers
- Will canvass door to door, hanging door signs, and obtaining referrals. This will include weekend and evening hours to maximize customer contacts
- Participating in team sales blitzes, conversions, new releases, social and networking events, etc.
- Assisting and resolving a wide variety of customer requests to ensure customer satisfaction
- Adding value and build customer loyalty by differentiating Cox products from competitors
- Performing end to end sales order entry using a tablet/iPad
- Complete on-going training opportunities, satisfactory skills assessment scores, and attainment and renewal of job related certifications
We did it in 133 words!Qualifications
Here’s what we need you to bring to the table:
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience in related field required; AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline preferred
- 1 or more years of experience highly preferred in outside or field sales with quotas
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record, reliable transportation and proof of insurance required
- Certifications and licenses, as required by state and municipal laws to sell Home Security
- Must have ability to work independently within a defined strategic plan to achieve set goals
- Requires proficient knowledge of technical applications and tools
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, and ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-VA-Newport News-750 Diligence Dr
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing