Supervisor, Account Services (Call Center)Location: Wichita, Kansas Job Number: 1714288 Brand: Cox Communications
Supervises, coaches, and develops a team of Account Services Representatives to fulfill company strategies, practices and procedures for serving, solving, selling. Supervises the team to deliver excellent customer service, effectively meet and exceed performance and service goals, and increase revenue through cross-selling.
• Formally and informally coaches and develops the performance of the team to ensure they have the capabilities required to meet targets and increase customer loyalty.
• Applies functional and technical expertise and knowledge of performance standards to provide on-the-job training to team members.
• Reviews performance data (e.g., scorecard, ACE behaviors, monitored calls, etc.) and diagnose performance gaps to identify performance and productivity gaps.
• Discusses Monthly Achievement Plans regularly with Representatives to identify and agree on actions to improve performance.
• Creates and implements individual development plans and related coaching plans to establish behaviors that will lead to improved metrics.
• Monitors calls and evaluates individual Representative effectiveness on key behaviors to provide coaching to improve performance and the customer experience.
• Participates in regular call monitoring calibration sessions to ensure that customer experience standards are consistent applied across the center.
• Implements and documents coaching, performance improvement, and recognition plans, as well as performance evaluations to optimize individual and team performance.
• Hires and builds a team of Representatives that has the ability and resources to achieve performance, diversity, and service goals.
• Collaborates with local HR to plan for and ensure mandatory team and individual training targets are met.
• Implements formal and informal practices and procedures to motivate and recognize employees and ensure employee engagement is high.
• Develops and implements recognition programs to encourage and reward Representatives for meeting targets related to serving, solving and selling.
• Manages day-to-day activities and business to maintain momentum and a sense of urgency toward desired results. Continually focuses driving high standards of performance, correcting performance gaps, and works relentlessly to overcome obstacles and meet or exceed challenging goals.
• Reviews calendar, schedules, and tasks to plan/modify work schedules and ensure customers are served and priorities are achieved.
• Maintains a safe and positive work environment in compliance with all Cox safety policies.
• Resolves complex customer complaints and handles issues escalated by team members in a timely manner.
• Makes recommendations and/or decisions in real time to match capacity to demand and adjust methods of call handling to deliver the customer experience.
• Leads team meetings/huddles to cascade information, coordinate efforts and communicate changes in direction, products, policies, expectations and performance against service, quality and sales goals, processes, and standards.
• Communicates customer concerns, trends, recurring issues, sales and service opportunities, and related issues to higher leadership and within the Customer Care team.
• Recommends and coordinates implementation of solutions with various Cox organizations.
• Reviews Monthly Achievement Plan and Supervisor scorecard regularly with Manager to identify opportunities to improve results
• Collaborates with other departments to ensure that a high quality customer experience is achieved and to resolve system and process problems.
• Collaborates with the Customer Operations team to ensure operational efficiency is achieved.
• Collaborates with Customer Care Manager, Customer Experience team and other Customer Care Supervisors to plan and coordinate efforts to ensure that Customer Care objectives are achieved.
• Controls expenses while meeting or exceeding system revenue goals.
• Ensures that Representatives update all required customer information in a timely fashion.
• Ensures accurate employee compensation by tracking and managing time and labor.
• Manages attendance trackers to track progressive steps for disciplinary action.
• Consults with Human Resources partners to determine eligible time off for employee leaves of absence.
• Approves and manages exceptions and audits to accurately reflect productivity measurements.
• Follows up on required Cox University course completion to keep the knowledge base and required certifications current.
• Reports and follows up on Customer Care tool failure.
• Attends job-related training and informally remains current on Cox’s telephony, data, and video products and offerings, sales and leadership through completion of required/recommended training program.
• High school graduate or GED or equivalent work experience
• 3 years experience working as a team leader/team coach (formal Supervisor position not required) customer service, sales, retention, or retail environment
• 1 year work experience using Windows-based PCs, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) in a work setting
• BA/BS degree in a related field
• 1+ year supervisory experience
• 1+ year experience in Billing or Account Services
• 1+ year experience coaching for improved performance
• Experience monitoring calls or work order quality
• Experience in a position meeting sales goals or coaching people to meet sales goals
• Experience handling escalations from customers
• Experience working in a care center environment with customer experience focus
• Knowledge and proficiency with ICOMS
• Communications industry experience
Competencies Required on Day
• Communicates Effectively - Clearly conveys information and ideas that engage the audience and helps them understand and retain the message; Articulates information clearly, adapting communication styles to both inform and inspire.
• Delivers Customer Service - Demonstrates appropriate attention to customer needs and requirements when making decisions and taking action. Makes customer satisfaction a priority and works to exceed expectations of customers externally and internally.
• Demonstrates Enterprise-Wide Thinking – Exhibits an understanding of the impact of decisions on "One Cox" (Cox Communications), including employees, customers, and the community; Demonstrates business acumen.
• Develops Self and Others - Pursues opportunities for self-development and continuous improvement of skills and abilities; Provides feedback and coaching to others toward enhancing skills and performance to fulfill current and/or future job responsibilities.
• Leads Change - Implements new initiatives with efficiency, transparency and flexibility; Collaborates with others to innovate, implement, and to build and maintain support for change activities.
• Models Accountability - Maintains high performance standards for self and others; Accepts personal responsibility for making difficult choices; Embraces diversity; Produces substantial positive results.
• PC Skill- Skill required to use a PC to enter, retrieve, manipulate, and/or store information; includes knowledge of basic Windows operating system and MS Office application software.
• Problem Solving - Ability to systematically analyze a problem, collect and interpret relevant information; identify probable causes, and take or recommend appropriate action to solve the problem.
• Reading Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
COX - 123
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-KS-Wichita-901 S George Washington Blvd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Team Leader
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: 2017-10-21